I've been reading Drakino's thread on TV where everyone was talking about getting shows legally but without cable or satellite subscriptions. I dumped Comcast early this summer, but with new shows coming back this fall I'm trying to come up with a good solution for me and my family. Here's my situation:

I have a HDTV.
I have an OTA antenna.
I can theoretically get all major network stations (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, PBS) at my location (using antennaweb)
I want to time-shift my shows.

My first question is: with the antenna I've purchased, how high should I get that above my roof to get a good signal? I'm going to get out there and wave it around for a bit first to see how the signal is, but can I mount it a bit below the roofline if the direction is correct? I do not want it to interfere with my wireless internet transmitter (directional microwave). If I can mount it to the side of the house, it will help me a lot.

Second question: What's my best bet for OTA time-shifting kit? I am willing to buy a new HD Tivo, but the only issue with that is Battlestar Galactica. And I don't like paying for the guide. Are you still using the Mac Mini approach, Tom? I am willing to buy the BSG episodes from the iTunes store - are they in HD and how much are they each? I haven't installed iTunes yet, so I can't check. I hesitate to go with the full Linux-based MythTV setup, but if that is my only option I will consider it.