Rather than add this to the coffee maker thread, I thought I'd start a razor thread. Of course, by the end of the day people will probably be talking about coffee makers here. smile

I have an old Remington shaver that has given outstanding service for more than 6 years. It still works as well as it ever did, and I was impressed with Remington's customer service. I bought it used on eBay, the battery was poor (two or three shaves and that was it) and when I emailed Remington to see if there was anything I could do, they told me to send it in and they'd fix it for free, which they did. Apparently the new battery was either a different technology or greatly improved in some other way, because after 6 years the shaver will still give two to three weeks service between recharges.

The shaver hasn't changed in 6 years, but my beard has. As I've gotten older (I'll be 66 years old in a few months) my beard has become more coarse, that is, in some places on my neck and on my cheeks the individual hairs are now too thick to go through the cutting screen. I have to flip open the sideburn trimmer and mow those areas with that.

I am too lazy to forgo the speed, simplicity, comfort and economy of an electric razor, so some fancy multi-bladed Gillette-type razor is not an option for me.

Do any of you have ideas I might explore?

tanstaafl.

Edited by tanstaafl. (25/10/2010 19:43)
Edit Reason: Only 6 years, not 10.