I'm hoping that I can use jEmplode 56 to accomplish this task, but I'm having trouble...Any comments, or suggestions would be most welcome....

I have 2 Rio Centrals, each with 120GB drives, one destined for work, one for use at home. I'm trying to prevent loading and re-ripping all my CDs a second time. My "main" Central has about 95 GB of tunes, and while I have some specialized playlists, I do have a playlist created for each artist that has all the songs from all of their CDs. So there aren't any orphan tunes, each one is in at least one playlist.

The second Central currently has a mostly empty drive. I have both units hooked up to Ethernet via USB with the adapters. They work fine separately and do proper CDDB lookups.

When I launch jEmplode 56 to attempt a copy between the two, it recognizes both. So I choose one of them, and it downloads the database, etc. Then I use the File pulldown menu, Open other device and choose the second unit. It also opens up fine and now I have two separate windows with a Rio Central featured in each window.

I'd like to copy the entire set of music from the first Central to the second, but I'm at a loss how to do this and keep all the tags and the album hierarchy correct. I've been able to select all the music from the first Central by clicking on "All" in the soup view, then pulling down the "Edit" menu and then choosing "Select All". But when I go over to the second Central window and try to paste, I've been able to get songs to start copying but only with the song titles intact on the second Central. None of the other tag information comes through that way.

I've also tried many other ways of copying all on the main Central, such as clicking on "All Music" and getting all the playlists to show up on the right side. But many times I can't get any tunes to copy over when I attempt to "Paste" on the second Central. One time I did get an "All Music" tree to copy over to #2 in the playlist area, but all it had was the titles of each playlist and no tune in each one....

Does anyone have any suggestions about, first, whether what I'm trying to do is possible, and second, the best way to go about it?

Thanks very much.....Randy

Edited by RandySchimka (14/07/2004 12:50)