Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#128767 - 02/12/2002 09:23 Emplode, Jemplode or the like for handhelds
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
I've always wanted to be able to create playlists via my handheld (Ipaq). If this were do-able over IrDA as well as 802.11x that would be a "Good Thing" for those non-networked situations.

I've tried running jemplode (I've got the JVM installed on Ipaq) but it just hangs.

No bells/whistles, just a basic playlist editor. I'm a non-programmer so I don't know what's involved.

Is this possible? Does anyone else think this would be of use to them? I think this was brought up a long time ago, but I thought I'd bring it up again as a lot has changed since then. Thoughts?

-Zeke

#128768 - 03/12/2002 15:42 Re: Emplode, Jemplode or the like for handhelds [Re: Ezekiel]
mschrag
pooh-bah

Loc: Richmond, VA
jEmplode w/ Swing is probably too much for most handhelds little brains ... The core library should run fine on it though ... As a non-programmer, this is probably a non-starter idea, but all the libs are there to put together a new UI that is better suited to small footprints.

Mike

#128769 - 03/12/2002 18:02 Re: Emplode, Jemplode or the like for handhelds [Re: mschrag]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Thanks Mike. I'll keep my figers crossed and hope someone picks up the torch for this, I know you're plenty busy with the main jemplode tree. Do you need some ftp space to host jemplode for a bit until it gets a good home? I've got a cable modem that sits idle 99% of the time. The machine's on pretty much 24/7 except for the occasional reboot. Let me know via PM if I can help out.

-Zeke