Survey: Alternate source for lenses?

Posted by: Mach

Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 12/08/2003 09:31

A few months back, I was investigating how to get a lens laser etched for one of 303's fascias. I'm still trying to find neon material for that but the search has led to a source for laser cut lenses that cost $5-6/lens.

These are flat lenses similar to the original Empeg lens. The colors are gray (smoke), dark gray, bronze, green, and red. Other colors are possible but suppliers for the material seem to be scarce.

Is anyone interested in these? If so, what color(s) would you be interested in?
Posted by: tman

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 12/08/2003 09:39

Bronze? Is it semi-mirrored or something?
I may be interested in one or two of the other colours. I was going to get one off DarkStorm but never got around to it.

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 12/08/2003 10:52

No it's a brownish color...similar to in color to plastic you'd see in sunglasses. I'll see if I can get a picture.
Posted by: tman

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 12/08/2003 10:59

Ah okay. I know what you mean now Thanks
Posted by: Jerz

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 12/08/2003 11:06

I'd be interested in a couple of MKII with the standard face lenses smoke or dark green. I currently have a clear lense with a green gel filter that looks like crap since it's got air bubbles in between the lens and the filter and am getting tired of looking at it.
Posted by: V99

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 12/08/2003 18:59

I'd be interested in just a rectangular chunk of the smoked and red to put in front of my external VFD...

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 13/08/2003 13:38

Shouldn't be a problem. Do you have dimensions?
Posted by: V99

Re: Survey: Alternate source for lenses? - 13/08/2003 16:26

19x6cm (or 7.5x2.5in), I'll trim it down to fit from there; Do you want to email me off the forum to take care of the details? vincent@applesolutions.com

Thanks.