I think the US eStore is REALLY out of 20G units

Posted by: Sipho

I think the US eStore is REALLY out of 20G units - 21/01/2002 10:46

I tried to order another 20G unit and was rejected at the CC verification stage (the very last step). When I changed to a 30G unit the order went through. Before that a call to my CC company showed that no authorizations had been rejected today.
Posted by: JoMo25

Re: I think the US eStore is REALLY out of 20G units - 21/01/2002 22:13

I just received confirmation via email that my 20Gb RioCar shipped today out of San Jose (got Fedex tracking number and all). I ordered it online (in the US) on Saturday when the "100 units left" message was still out on the store. When I went to order, it said "out of stock" on the order page, but it took my CC info. I got called yesterday to confirm my purchase by Digital River. So, there still may be some out there. This will be my second unit. I'll probably sell my old one to a friend at work who wanted one...Otherwise, I'll keep both...
Posted by: Sipho

Re: I think the US eStore is REALLY out of 20G units - 21/01/2002 22:56

Well the difference is that you ordered on Saturday and I ordered on Monday morning (MST). Did anyone succeed in ordering a 20G unit today (Monday, Jan 21st)?
Posted by: KungFuCow

Re: I think the US eStore is REALLY out of 20G units - 22/01/2002 20:44

The 20GB unit has been removed from their web page now. I would say it's a pretty safe bet they're out.
Posted by: sendero

Re: I think the US eStore is REALLY out of 20G units - 22/01/2002 21:04

Yes, a coworker of mine placed the order for a 20gig late yesterday (1/21) afternoon (after I had told him of your post that you couldn't get one). He got shipping notice today (1/22). He was probably one of the last few to get a 20.