new problem synchronizing

Posted by: thermo

new problem synchronizing - 20/06/2002 17:04

hmm, now that I've gotten pretty much all the bugs out of the player itself, I've got a new problem! I'm having trouble re-connecting my empeg unit to my Emplode unit. I'm running 2.11 w/ hijack on a Mk2a. When it gets to the stage 5 of the initial sync when I start up Emplode, I get a connection time out. This is labeled as the checking media / checking disk integrity phase. Anyone know a way I can get emplode to re-connect to my player? I'm using Win2000 w/ the USB connector. I tried with the serial as well, but no dice. Incidentally, the player is working fine in the car, so I don't think it could be a HDD cable or anything like that.

Man, I thought I was debugging this thing! Funny how my Empeg unit has changed from a toy to a project to a hobby

Thanks everyone

-James
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: new problem synchronizing - 20/06/2002 18:51

Are you running an old version of hijack (pre 264)? Frame pointers were turned on as of this release, fixing hard drive issues on larger disks / databases.
Posted by: thermo

Re: new problem synchronizing - 20/06/2002 18:56

I'm running v276 of Hijack.. I just tried another time with the USB, here's the exact error:
"
Download failed while checking media.
Connection timed out (error 0x8004003e)
"

I'm not thrilled about blanking the hard disk with the system erase image, but if y'all think it's necessary, or will save me hours of troubleshooting, I'll go for it.
Posted by: Roger

Re: new problem synchronizing - 21/06/2002 01:48

Try checking the disks from a shell prompt -- see the FAQ