Ebay mis-information

Posted by: Alan

Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 13:41

I've noticed a lot of Empeg sales leading people to believe that there are one year warranties on these units when in fact they may have some warranty if the reseller provides the appropriate paper work of original purchase but no way are there 1 year warranties. Buyers be warned

Alan
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 14:24

Good point. May I take this opportunity to do the obligitory link to the FAQ:

If I purchase a player second-hand, will the one-year warranty still be honored?
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 14:26

In fact, I think I will go bold Rob's words "from the original purchase date" in that text. If I'm not mistaken, we're starting to fast approach the date when all players will have surely passed the "original purchase date" anniversary...
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 15:29

wasn't the big sale around christmas last year.
Posted by: tman

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 15:55

Yep. ~23 December 2001. I've got an email from Rob on the 23rd regarding the price reduction.

- Trevor
Posted by: msaeger

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 16:05

I remember because I couldn't get one after spending all my money of christmas stuff.
Posted by: tman

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 16:11

I'm sure that stopped quite a few people. It was a few days before Christmas day so most people were rather broke at the time. A few of my friends couldn't get one because of that.

Warranty problems doesn't seem to be that major at the moment. Nearly all the problems are due to a bad cable so far.

- Trevor
Posted by: DeadFire

Re: Ebay mis-information - 21/08/2002 16:11

I'm one of the losers who purchased mine during that sale. 12/22/01 was the day (or rather, night) that I made the purchase. It was, of course, the only way I could have afforded a 60.
Posted by: g_attrill

Re: Ebay mis-information - 22/08/2002 06:21

I read that units bought from carplayer.com and Car Toys come with a warranty from the date of purchase since they are official resellers - I think someone from support posted that the UPS sticker is sufficient proof of date of purchase.

Gareth
Posted by: elvis

Re: Ebay mis-information - 23/08/2002 01:25

Aww man. I have 3 and I haven't even installed 1 yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!