Rio Receivers are Back

Posted by: matthew_k

Rio Receivers are Back - 04/03/2003 23:02

It seems Sonic Blue has found some more of these and are selling them again. At $100 they aren't too unreasonable, but I'm not sure if I need one. Can they stream from an empeg yet? I think I'll go register and ask my questions on that other BBS.

Matthew
Posted by: matthew_k

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 04/03/2003 23:43

Ahh, replying to ones own post. Such fun. It would appear that Mark has said "perhaps I will find [a Rio Receiver] some day. And then the very first task would be to have my Empeg act as the server for it." Now, if only we could arrange for him to find one on his doorstep some day...

Matthew
Posted by: jarob10

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 05/03/2003 00:34

Can they stream from an empeg yet?

Is there a definative answer to this yet ?

just re-read your post - I gues the answer is NO at this moment in time ..
Posted by: rob

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 05/03/2003 05:37

We showed this working (over 802.11) at Amersfoort two years ago. We didn't ship the feature because it uses way too much memory, preventing the disk from spinning down.

I can't see it being too difficult to write a light weight server but I suspect it would still interfere with our caching strategy. If it could be turned on and off that would probably not be the end of the world.

I can probably dig out a receiver for the Lord if he wants to do something fun with it.

Rob
Posted by: mlord

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 05/03/2003 06:58

Thanks for the hint of an offer, Rob. But some other kind soul has already sent a receiver my way many many months ago.. and life being as it is, it sits beside my RioCars practically untouched to date. Soon, I keep telling myself, soon..
Posted by: andym

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 05/03/2003 07:00

I'll have it if no-one else wants it Rob! How much do you want for it?
Posted by: gobigred

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 06/03/2003 12:05

more info please...how do you know they are back...where can i find one?

nevermind ...my mind said tuner...not reciever...oh well.
Posted by: JeepBastard

Re: Rio Receivers are Back - 27/03/2003 03:16

if they ran 802.11b, that would rock. There is only so much time in a day to program tho. sigh