WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled

Posted by: Elite M3

WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 10:43

I just reinstalled my empeg into another car, and found that the front left and rear right RCA's are the only ones that are working, so I would like to buy an adittional sled (brand new preferably for those of you that purchased additional ones). Let me know if any of you guys/gals are willing to part with one. Thanks!
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 10:54

Do you have any loose wires going into the loom? That was a problem at one point, and might explain why you are only seeing that channel combination.

Re: WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 11:28

Well, actually yes, I have seen that the gold lead is pulled back on one or two of the wires connected to the RCA's and I have pushed them back in. Then I found that the front right wire actually broke off the gold lead. I am also noticing that moving the sled around in my hand while it is playing causing extremely loud popping/screaching from the speakers. So some of the wires are loose it seems.

Right now, I have the stereo running perfectly fine on the front left and rear right, but lose all fade/balance.

-j
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 11:59

You might want to contact support. This was a known problem, and they might be able to fix or replace this one for you.

Re: WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 14:04

Well, I purchased my unit in December of 2001, so the warrantee would be out of date...would it not? I guess it is worth a shot. Any idea of whom I should contact?
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 16:26

Taken from the Faq it's carsupport@sonicblue.com
Posted by: tfabris

Re: WTB: Empeg Mark2a car sled - 10/03/2003 22:28

Well, I purchased my unit in December of 2001, so the warrantee would be out of date
Elite M3, there is a FAQ Entry describing in detail how to fix the problem yourself if you want to tackle it.