Windows XP is sofa king stupid

Posted by: robricc

Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 07:43

Check this out. I am installing XP Home on a co worker's machine. He has a 6-in-1 USB memory card reader in the thing. Look at what drive letter Windows gave the hard drive.

What a joke.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 07:45

Sofa king?

Edit: Oh. I get it.
Posted by: siberia37

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 08:34

well don't you know the boot hard drive gets the lowest priority for drive letters. See.. the removable drives and dvd drives get their letters first and only then does the boot hard drive get its letter.. I mean c'mon that's logical. BTW, you may want to run the attached batch file at startup- because w/o a C drive Windows explorer will not show any icons for folders or drives.. very annoying.
Posted by: robricc

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 08:38

I just got done wiping the drive and reinstalled with the 6-in-1 disconnected. All is well.
Posted by: jbauer

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 09:10

I believe you can use "Computer Management" to reassign drive letters as you wish with XP.

Go to start, control panel, administrative tools, computer management, disk manager...

- Jon
Posted by: AndrewT

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 09:21

Is XP clever enough to reassign the boot drive like this? It would be nice to think it could but I somehow doubt it
Posted by: jbauer

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 09:22

Hm. Maybe you are right. I have juggled drive letters around, but maybe it can't do the boot drive... I'm not gonna try it, YOU try it! (Life breakfast cereal commercial)

- Jon
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 09:26

I don't think even Mikey is brave enough to swap the drive letter on the boot drive...
Posted by: Ezekiel

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 09:50

ftp://castlegreenwald.dyndns.org/Music/Firesign&Humorous/

Sofa King.mp3

It has to be one of the funnier radio bits I've ever heard.

-Zeke

Posted by: davec

Re: Windows XP is sofa king stupid - 01/05/2003 10:42

I saw a band one night on 6th Street here in Austin called Sofa King. A band consisting of two Tesla band members. Anyways, all we could say was they were sofaking bad because they thought they needed to be LOUD. The opening band, a Bon Scott AC/DC sounding band called Broken Teeth, lead by Jason McMasters of Dangerous Toys fame, blew them away sofaking bad...