Stupid empeg habits

Posted by: thinfourth2

Stupid empeg habits - 24/06/2003 14:02

Okay i am wondering if anyone has been affected like i and have gained strange habits

when listening to the radio

Do you
try and skip unpleasant tracks
No i know i can't skip the radio
Whats a radio

Posted by: thinfourth2

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 24/06/2003 14:06

when in someone elses car and you hear a decent track on the cd player

do you
glance at stereo and are briefly confused by the lack of track info
Relise the poor soul has no empeg and preach to them the gospel of empeg
I won't get in a car without an empeg

Posted by: tfabris

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 24/06/2003 14:06

When listening to the radio, I always keep looking at the screen for the artist/album info.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 24/06/2003 14:34

glance at stereo and are briefly confused by the lack of track info
I do this all the time and then feel compelled to point this out to the unfortunate soul, at which point I just get a blank "what would expect that for?" expression.
Posted by: Dignan

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 24/06/2003 14:41

I would need to pick the first two options in the second poll, but since I seem to do a lot of preaching about the empeg, I chose the second.
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 24/06/2003 16:02

Here are my goofy empeg habits. Sometimes for a VERY short journey in the car (to the convenience store or whatever) I will leave my empeg at home and listen to the radio (I have my antenna cable Y-adapted to both my car's head unit and my empeg, so both can be used for the radio.) Anyway, even on these short journeys, I will, without fail, try to change the stations with my steering wheel remote at least once. Sadly, because there's no Hijack kernel available for a Kenwood head unit (since it doesn't run Linux, or any "operating system" for that matter) the steering wheel remote is completely useless.

The next step in this ritual is me fumbling to find the buttons to change stations manually, and reaching for the wrong side of the head unit, since it's an American model, and has the track-skip/station change buttons on the right-hand side.

Finally, when I arrive at my destination, the grand finale of this ceremony is me turning off my ignition, removing my keys, and reaching to pull my imaginary empeg out of the dash.

Posted by: boxer

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 25/06/2003 05:10

I'm forever retuning the radio in my wife's Honda, because I think I'm turning the volume down and the knob's on the wrong side.
Posted by: andym

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 25/06/2003 05:44

In reply to:

Sadly, because there's no Hijack kernel available for a Kenwood head unit (since it doesn't run Linux, or any "operating system" for that matter)

Isn't powered by a mouse in a wheel or something?
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 25/06/2003 06:16

Isn't powered by a mouse in a wheel or something?
No, but I've driven cars that were.
Posted by: Phoenix42

Re: Stupid empeg habits - 25/06/2003 06:40

When listening to the radio, I always keep looking at the screen for the artist/album info.[/ornage]

I used todo this so often in my wife's car that it jsut was not funny.
The problem has since been solved with a second empeg.
Now I just need all my friends & family to get one!