Annual April Fools thread

Posted by: JBjorgen

Annual April Fools thread - 01/04/2005 14:42

Post your funny April Fools links here!

I'll start:
Thinkgeek has their usual array of hilarious products.

Try some GoogleGulp beta
Posted by: lastdan

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 01/04/2005 15:54

best day of the year (for me)
it's my birthday.

I'm one of the few people that don't feel sorry for those born on dec 25.
Posted by: JeffS

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 01/04/2005 16:23

Hmmm, I thought the Annual April Fools thread always invovled Tony joining a cult!
Posted by: tonyc

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 01/04/2005 16:47

I like this one.
Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 01/04/2005 18:29

Happy Birthday.. Im not to far behind you, mine is wednesday the 6th..
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 01/04/2005 20:40

Quote:
Try some GoogleGulp beta

Don't forget to read their FAQ. Naturally, the best part.
Posted by: gbeer

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 02/04/2005 00:17

Quote:
I like this one.

They are back. Popunders in firefox, if you loaded the new version 1.0.2 and go to the above site, Firefox notifies you of a blocked popup, but there's a popunder lurking.

edit: Well they are there in 1.0.1 too. Sigh....
Posted by: larry818

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 02/04/2005 14:18

I'm sure this is one:

www.keyfax.com
Posted by: bonzi

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 05/04/2005 10:09

Regrettably, this is not an April Fools joke:

Quote:
The manufacturer suggested that cables did not require much break-in as a consequence of the cable design. While I did not audition them extensively in their unbroken state, I did listen to them briefly. Based upon my brief exposure to the cables in their "raw" state, I surmised that the break-in period did not significantly alter tonality. I did notice an increase in clarity after 336 hours of a continuous signal being passed through the interconnect, 168 hours of current passed through the power cords and 168 hours of a continuous signal passed through the speaker cable. Note: I interface speaker cable in reverse phase, i.e., at the speakers, the red connector is connected to the black terminal and the black connector is connected to the red terminal. I prefer the sound in this configuration.

Posted by: mlord

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 05/04/2005 10:24

Well, octaphase tricormaxial inbreeding will do that to some folks..
Posted by: larry818

Re: Annual April Fools thread - 05/04/2005 10:30

Oh man, that's silly. Too bad about the November date.

Once, about 25 years ago, I was watching a now long defunct band in a local club that a couple of dudes were recording. They had a couple of microphones on a single stand for stereo input. They spent about an hour minorly adjusting the position of these mikes until they thought it was perfect. About 10 minutes after that my clumsy friend accidently landed his boot on the edge of the mike stand, causing it to spin and wobble (like plates do). I'm amazed the mike stand, which was behind the guys recording, didn't fall. It did, however, end up pointing almost directly away from the band. Both the guys were wearing headphones listening to the mikes during all of this and noticed nothing. About a half hour later one happed to look up and see the mikes, and again spent a half hour looking for the sweet spot.

I recorded the same band the next night, which was their last. R.I.P., the Toe Jam Band.