Starw Wars Question

Posted by: edsmiata

Starw Wars Question - 22/03/2007 15:20

If in Espisode III Anakin Skywalker leaves his wife before she gives birth to Luke and Lea to become Darth Vader, how can he know that Luke is his son when he tells him so in Episode V???
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Starw Wars Question - 22/03/2007 15:29

Canonical answer: Because he's full of that Force shit, he can sense these things.

Real answer: Because George was making it all up as he went along, Chris Carter-Style, and when you try to retroactively tie things together, little details like that get missed.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Star Wars Question - 22/03/2007 15:39

Another question is, if Padme dies during birth, how is it that Leia remembers her mother as being beautiful, or something to that effect, in Episode IV?

Of course, the real answer to the question is "There is only one 'W' in 'Star Wars'".

Re: Star Wars Question - 22/03/2007 15:41

LOL agreed!

my son is big time fan of the movies and so i have been watching them with him on HBO endlessly and this issue just struck me as odd.....

Re: Star Wars Question - 22/03/2007 15:42

...not according to my fat fingers!
Posted by: Robotic

Re: Star Wars Question - 22/03/2007 18:48

Quote:
Another question is, if Padme dies during birth, how is it that Leia remembers her mother as being beautiful, or something to that effect, in Episode IV?

You don't think she would have seen photos?

/I can't believe I'm replying in this thread.
Posted by: hybrid8

Re: Star Wars Question - 22/03/2007 18:58

Star Wars was a long long time ago. They didn't have photos. Only holograms. :P

Everyone is best off just completely forgetting the prequel trilogy. George Lucas is as much a shite director as he is a shite writer.
Posted by: rubennyc

Re: Star Wars Question - 23/03/2007 11:15

Quote:

She was talking about her adopted mother from Alderaan, not Padme.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: Star Wars Question - 23/03/2007 13:46

Actually, it was from RotJ, after Luke and Leia know that they're siblings, at the Ewok party:

Quote:
Princess Leia: Luke, what's wrong?
Luke: Leia, do you remember your mother? Your real mother?
Princess Leia: Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
Luke: What do you remember?
Princess Leia: Just... images really. Feelings.
Luke: Tell me.
Princess Leia: She was... very beautiful. Kind, but sad. Why are you asking me this?
Luke: I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

I could go on with apologies about what she was really talking about, but, really, it's just a mistake. They could have corrected it in EpIII by simply having Padme hold her for a second and have some indication of the Force imprinting her image, but the fact of the matter is that Lucas just doesn't care.
Posted by: Cybjorg

Re: Star Wars Question - 23/03/2007 15:01

Quote:
...but the fact of the matter is that Lucas just doesn't care.

Doesn't care?! He gave us Jar Jar Binks, didn't he?
Posted by: burdell1

Re: Starw Wars Question - 24/03/2007 00:47

Quote:
If in Espisode III Anakin Skywalker leaves his wife before she gives birth to Luke and Lea to become Darth Vader, how can he know that Luke is his son when he tells him so in Episode V???

In the new special edition of 'Empire Strikes Back', the emperor tells Darth Vader that Luke is the 'son of Skywalker'.
Posted by: Roger

Re: Starw Wars Question - 24/03/2007 06:38

Quote:
In the new special edition of 'Empire Strikes Back', the emperor tells Darth Vader that Luke is the 'son of Skywalker'.

That George Lucas. More revisionist history than a communist dictator