Help with Zune uninstall

Posted by: Ladmo

Help with Zune uninstall - 26/04/2008 03:15

I hope someone can help with this one. I recently swapped some junk for a Zune 30 to play with. Well after about three hours of installing crapy software and having no luck getting every thing to work right, I tried to uninstall it. Easier said than done. But to make a long story short, now my C:\ drive shows up as Zune Setup(C) with the Zune icon, and when ever I try to rename it, it just goes back to it (won't change) to make matters worse, when I just double click on it, it tries to launch zunesetup.exe. I have to actually 'Explore' the drive to get to it. I have checked properties as well, and it all looks like it points to the right path...

Anyone able to make me less dumb and releave my frustration?

Thank you
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Help with Zune uninstall - 26/04/2008 03:26

See if there is a file in the root directory of C: called "AUTORUN.INF" and smoke it if so. The behavior is acting as though you (or the zune installer) accidentally or purposefully copied the entire contents of the CD-rom into the root of C:\...
Posted by: Ladmo

Re: Help with Zune uninstall - 26/04/2008 12:58

Thanks Tony! That did the trick. Duh! I should have figured that out, but I am glad you did.

This proves, once again, that even though I have not had a working empeg for over a year, and still have a busted one I'm trying to get repairedl, this board is the best for empeg, and everything else!
Thanks again, Tony!

Now, anybody have a Zune and know the REAL RIGHT way to install?
Or better yet, anyone want to swap a working empeg for a working 30 gig black Zune?