Testing for the spooky url bug

Posted by: mlord

Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:10

Firefighters extinguish three-alarm blaze at Apple's Cupertino campus (San Jose Mercury News)

This morning's news said it was in some R&D building.
No injuries.

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:11

Strange.. same post, same exact content (I think), no bug (visible here, anyway -- Andy?)
Posted by: andy

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:13

I concur, very odd.
Posted by: tman

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:14

Nothing to do with this forum. Its the site you're linking to. It does a bunch of redirects and tries to be clever in what URL its redirecting to.

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:16

I wonder why it does that from Robotic's first link, but not from the identical link in this test thread ?

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:17

Going to that URL redirects you to secure.passport.mnginteractive.com which then bounces you to secure.empegbbs.com because it thinks you need to log in first and rewrites whatever the referrer was.

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:18

It doesn't do it on Robotic link either now, it must have got fixed between the two posts.

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:18

Originally Posted By: mlord
I wonder why it does that from Robotic's first link, but not from the identical link in this test thread ?

A cookie from your fixed link maybe? It still does it for the URL on this page but I've not actually gone to your fixed link yet.

Re: Testing for the spooky url bug - 13/08/2008 15:22

Originally Posted By: tman
Originally Posted By: mlord

A cookie from your fixed link maybe? It still does it for the URL on this page but I've not actually gone to your fixed link yet.

Don't think so, the link was still broken after I first visited the fixed link.