Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking:

Posted by: SE_Sport_Driver

Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 13:36

...who's online? Is this one of the admins or someone at empeg keeping a window open to see board activity?
Posted by: Tim

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 14:23

My guess is that its Tony's automagic checker to see if any new posts have been made .
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 14:27

Doesn't Tony (or someone else) have a little app that alerts him when there's a new post made to the board? I think that's what's seen as the everpresent Anonymous checker.

I can only hope - for his sanity, considering the last couple of weeks flood of postings - that the alert is very discreet...

/Michael
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 14:56

I can only hope - for his sanity, considering the last couple of weeks flood of postings - that the alert is very discreet...

A system tray icon changes and a sound plays, that's all. The sound only plays once until I reset it.
Posted by: drakino

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 15:08

That would be Frank's stats collector, viewable here.

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 15:09

By the way, if you see an anonymous user specifically checking who's online, it's not me. My thingy goes to the main index and looks for the word "new)". I don't go near the Who's Online screen.

That's probably someone's "usage stats" gathering tool. Doesn't Drakino run one?

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 15:09

Damn, beat me by 60 seconds.
Posted by: tanstaafl.

Re: Why is there ALWAYS one "Anonymous" user checking: - 11/01/2002 19:32

hat would be Frank's stats collector,

Did you notice how the average number of users online tripled at the time of the big price cut?

tanstaafl.