A good day....

Posted by: Satan_X

A good day.... - 19/04/2002 15:09

Gotta love my job. What arrives today but my semi-permanent (If it breaks or something better comes out, I send it back) eval from Compaq. An Ipaq 3870. I love evals. They were nice enough to throw a 32meg SD card in with it. hee hee hee
Posted by: svferris

Re: A good day.... - 19/04/2002 17:17

Where do you work?

Here at MusicMatch, we get evals of just about every MP3 player you can think of. Oh, and burners too. We have quite a few DVD burners around here.

Re: A good day.... - 19/04/2002 20:24

I work in the IT dept of UPS.......
Posted by: drakino

Re: A good day.... - 20/04/2002 11:45

One day thats the unit I want, along with a Bluetooth phone connected to a reasonable rate GPRS plan.

For now, it's still CDPD for me (and my only way of access right now due to some bad ironic happenings this past week.)
Posted by: rearviewmirror

Re: A good day.... - 20/04/2002 17:45

UPS - I worked in their Paramus office for 2 years..

~Yogi
Posted by: Whitey

Re: A good day.... - 21/04/2002 11:21

ah the wonders of employment. I hope to know them again someday.
Posted by: Dylan

Re: A good day.... - 21/04/2002 14:55

Oh good, maybe you can answer a random question I've been curious about. A former co-worker of mine used to complain about the UPS IT department because he claimed UPS had a policy of promoting from within so the managers in the IT department were imported from the shipping side of the business and didn't know how to manage software development. I was skeptical because it seemed so foolish but had no way to verify. Is there truth to what he said?

-Dylan

Re: A good day.... - 21/04/2002 16:17

UPS does have a promote from within policy, but it is usually from within the IT dept. Not that it couldn't happen, but they are smart enough to know to manage something you have to understand what your people do. I have never seen a shipping manager moved in as an IT manager (I never even see shipping managers......). If they did do that, I dont think UPS would be much of a company in this day and age.
Posted by: msaeger

Re: A good day.... - 21/04/2002 21:21

are you sure you aren't thinking of the USPS :-)