Display Board Technical Drawings?

Posted by: Joe Gorman

Display Board Technical Drawings? - 09/09/2013 00:45

I'm making a custom faceplate out of acrylic for my empeg to make it look like a classic radio for my Datsun 510 (bakelite knobs with chrome inlays, etc)

In order to get the design right, I need accurate (better than I can get with a camera) locations of the screw holes, two-function button/knob, screen, and IR sensor.

Does anyone have either technical drawings of the display board, or know where I can get them? I have AutoCad, Sketchup, GIMP, and Adobe software.

-joe
Posted by: mlord

Re: Display Board Technical Drawings? - 09/09/2013 11:16

Originally Posted By: Joe Gorman
Does anyone have either technical drawings of the display board, or know where I can get them?

These may provide a decent starting point.
The scans were done at 300x300dpi, so each pixel in the images represents exactly 1/300th of an inch.

(Edit: fixed orientation and naming of original uploads)
Posted by: tfabris

Re: Display Board Technical Drawings? - 09/09/2013 15:16

One could also try scanning the backside of the fascia on a flatbed scanner, in the same fashion.
Posted by: mtempsch

Re: Display Board Technical Drawings? - 09/09/2013 17:56

Originally Posted By: tfabris
One could also try scanning the backside of the fascia on a flatbed scanner, in the same fashion.

I'm fairly sure there should be pictures of that around somewhere from back when 303, IIRC, did the aluminum fascias and knobs. Haven't been able to find them (but haven't been digging very hard or long)
Posted by: mlord

Re: Display Board Technical Drawings? - 09/09/2013 20:38

Originally Posted By: tfabris
Posted by: pca

Re: Display Board Technical Drawings? - 12/09/2013 20:03

Attached is a 2D DXF file of the top and bottom layers of the last version of the Mk2A display board. It should be exactly 1 to 1.

pca
Posted by: pca

Re: Display Board Technical Drawings? - 12/09/2013 20:09

Here's one with the silk screens, which will be more useful.

pca