Match title

Posted by: smu

Match title - 09/11/2001 06:37

Hi.

Today I was listening to an old version of "It's raining men" (by The Weather Girls), and I somehow wanted to listen to the other version of it, I was also sure to have in the playlist (still to come up), which is the "new" version by Geri Halliwell. So I thought, well, it is just one push of a button away, and pressed the "title" button, but nothing happened.
Is it really the case that a match by title is about the only one that is _not_ available? Or did it simply fail because of some other reason? But then again, it should at least say "no matching title found", shouldn´t it?

cu,
sven
Posted by: Roger

Re: Match title - 09/11/2001 07:25

It's not implemented. Sorry.
Posted by: LTJBukem

Re: Match title - 09/11/2001 07:26

If you have 2 versions of 'It's Raining Men' you should really get out more !

Mind you I am playing ABBA at the moment

I sort of found the same issue with Eternal Flame (Bangles and Atomic Kitten). I did a search by Title, and it found them OK, both of them ! , and then I had to accept them both into the playlist. Then I didn't know which one would play first ? So I thought the answer would be to name them slightly differently ? And then the Match Title wouldn't work anyway ?

Unless because I'm a newbie dumbass I can't work the thing properly !!
Posted by: smu

Re: Match title - 09/11/2001 08:49

Any chance it will ever get implemented?
It shouldn't be too hard to do, I guess.

cu,
sven
Posted by: muzza

Re: Match title - 09/11/2001 17:53

>It shouldn't be too hard to do, I guess.

Fuzzy search by current title?
Posted by: Roger

Re: Match title - 12/11/2001 08:34

We're planning on doing fuzzy search by title, rather than exact, as with the others. It's just that we're too lazy to do it yet .