A PC using ethernet and VNC would work. But at that point, why have the empeg in your car at all? Just use the PC to play MP3s and also have full screen WinAmp visuals.

Actually...I used to have just that...a pc mounted in my car using winamp and a remote to control it (eventually I added a 8.4" touchscreen LCD.) When you have run something like that, you realize that the hardest thing to duplicate about the empeg is not the hardware (although patrick has given us quite an elegant piece of hardware to work with), it's the software. The software that controls the empeg is by far the best music playing software I've ever used, and in my opinion is far better than winamp or anything else on the PC. Quite often, I plug in my empeg right beside my PC and use it, even though I have all the same music on my PC, because the software on the empeg is so much better. The Cambridge team has created a true masterpiece in my opinion, and I think it'll be quite a while before we see it's equal on the PC or on commercial decks from Sony, Pioneer or others. I can sum it up in my first impression of the empeg when I got it -- "Finally...someone gets it!"