I seem to recall that we created the Off Topic forum specifically to talk about things that had nothing to do with the empeg in any way.

We seem to be using it for that just fine, mostly. But occasionally I see threads started in this forum where they are obviously empeg-related right from the start. I just wanted to suggest that we try to use "General" for anything empeg-related that doesn't fall into the other categories.

For instance, in this forum's list of recent topics, I noticed a couple of discussions about MP3 ripping, a post about the upcoming Empeg user's meet, and a discussion of writing a Rio Receiver client for the car player. As far as I'm concerned, these topics are all directly related to the empeg car and it would have been fine to start them in General.

You see, some people purposely don't read the Off Topic forum because they assume they won't miss anything empeg-related if they skip it. (Of course, the more enlightened ones think it's the most interesting message board of them all... )