It rained all day yesterday and it seems as if my car has an unidentified water problem. I was driving to a computer show yesterday when 20 minutes into my drive, I notice two of my speakers shutting off. Then, all of them. I kept driving and fiddling with the empeg. I was in silence for 15 minutes before the sound came back (with 2 speakers going in and out). When I finally stopped at my destination I was horrified to see one of my amps with water all over it. My carpet was also soaked. I am leaning toward the possibility that my hatch (trunk, boot) wasn't 100% shut since there was no more moisture getting in the rest of the day.

On my drive home, I was getting static through my speakers after 20 minutes. I only drove for about 30 minutes total today, but the problem didn't come back. I am driving 12 hours next weekend, so I want an opinion on what I should do.

I am thinking of having my car audio dealer RMA my amp (I think it's still under warranty). On the outside, you can't tell there was water on it. But, you may be able to tell when you open it. This is a scummy thing to do, but I can't be buying a new amp right now and I need the empeg for this weekend. Need advice. Is it possible that once the amp was completely dry, it is fine now?