In reply to:

didn't look at the site yet, and the dish washer sounds really cool. The washing machine on the other hand doesn't sound so cool. Top-loading? Ugh! Gasp. Why? Why? Why?

Well, I've yet to see a front loading machine that can do a decent job and not break down or take forever to wash the clothes.
I hear that they are supposed to be better in all sort of ways than a top loader but the F&P toploader has one of the lowest energy use ratings in the US, so it must be doing something right that the average front loader doesn't.

The other things is that top loading machines can generally take more clothes than a front loader.

Fisher & Paykel don't make a front loader, never have and I'm pretty sure they have said there is no demand for them to either.

In reply to:

I'm really interested in the Dyson product now. But apart from that, when it comes time to buy one for myself, I was already thinking brands like AEG, ASKO, BOSCH etc..

I'd get a Dyson when my old Panasonic cleaner dies. I'd get the model which isn't upright as those things are so hard to use around most houses.

I'd buy the Dyson vacuum robot if it could do three things:

1. Recharge itself when it got low on power
2. Climb up and down stairs.
3. Clean carpets as well as it cleans "wood"/polished floors.

What I'd really like though is a set of intelligent appliances like those in "The Brave Little Toaster" movie.