I am a Wyoming, USA boy who ended up sailing to New Zealand, liking it very much and now live in NZ most of the year. When it came to purchasing appliances F& P seemed a popular choice but Australian, European and U.S. brands were also available. My provincial nature started to take hold as I wondered if a New Zealand company like Fisher & Paykel could possible measure up to the U.S. brands I had used and grown up with like Maytag and General Electric?

After more than ten years of using my F & P washer, dryer and dishwasher I can answer that with a resounding YES! They are good, reliable and energy efficient. The use of the direct drive motor without needing a belt is a great innovation. The electronic controls are sophisticated but with a nice simple interface.

The F & P service people must be just as lonely as the Maytag repairmen. I once called with a question or two and after receiving a satisfactory answer on the first call I received three more follow up calls and a letter. I finally had to tell them, "Please, I am a happy camper. You do not have to call again!"

Happy with New Zealand and its appliances.

Michael