Just another crazy thought as a response to a thread elsewhere on the BBS:

What if we, as a community, pooled our collective creativity and collective large money clips and worked on a project to design and contract the production of new fascias for our empegs.

We could set up groups: A design group, a production contact group, a banking group (to manage the funds), a distribution group, a quality testing group, etc.

We could elect moderators to help keep things under control.

We could vote on each stage of the process. "Ok, design team, submit your designs for review by the community." and we could all vote on the one we like. Perhaps we could reach a design that had elements of everyone's preference; thus creating the ultimate user-made fascia. We could also vote on which plastics producer to use and vote on what quantity to use.

Funds would be handled by dues. Perhaps we could estimate a budget for the project and create a per/member cost that would cover the cost of the project. I'd estimate we'd want to make 10,000 fascias; 2 for every player out there (assuming I'm right in thinking there are 5000 players out there). That would leave enough for spare and make the per/unit cost pretty low. Members of the project would get them at reduced rates (if not free because of their contribution (but per/unit retail pricing could be calculated based on profit margin (which would be 0 because we'd just want to break even, if nothing else (um, now can I close all these brackets?)))) and non-members could pay a fee.

Hm, I kinda like this idea. Anyone else with me in wanting to design a new fascia? Think: What have you always ever wanted out of your fascia but never could have? How can we implement those features?

Ok, we'll be taking nominations for group-heads soon (and I fail to call them committee heads because I don't know how to spell committee). Who's with me?