This group finds it hard enough to organise a regional meet, let alone an injection moulding tooling and production process. I don't think it would work the way you suggest in a million years. This is the kind of project that needs one or two people to organise it and make decisions undemocratically.

I'm sure that could be achieved but the sums of money involved concern me. Unless there is an inside man on the BBS I don't think you could get it done cheaper than empeg did (our price was based on 4000 off units and a design company that was thinking about future business). You're looking at £25,000 design and tooling (less if someone here does the design - but they must understand about injection moulding; flow lines, taps, release criteria etc).

I don't think you could sell more than 200 sets, so the absolute cheapest you could get them shot is about £15 per set (probably more). Add £125 per set to cover tooling and design and you have £140 each ($224) before profit. The work involved in co-ordinating the designer, tool maker and manufacturer is quite considerable - I spent 3 months in a state of stress continuously driving between suppliers.

In this kind of volume CNC aluminium starts to look like an attractive option..

Rob