We are getting a bit off-topic here, I'm afraid. Anyway...

No, Minis are still being made, for more than 40 years now. Not for very much longer though - the Mini is the one thing BMW kept when they sold Austin Rover again, and they plan to bring out a new Mini version soon - probably already this year, I've been told. The old one has much more style, of course. The difference between the old and the new is much the same difference as the one between the old Bug/Beetle and the new one. (Yes, I did read that thread! ).

DiGNAN17: if you like minivans, you'd probably very much like my other car as well - it's a Citroen CX Break, one of the biggest European station wagons ever. It first appeared in the mid-70s, long before Renault invented the first minivan (the Espace). The CX and the Mini are in many respects as different as cars can be, but similar in one thing that they also share with the empeg: all three are full of clever, unconventional, new ideas, and made by people with a vision. That's why I love all three of them... .

PS: André Citroen, Sir Alec Issigonis, Hugo Fiennes... anybody thinks one of the three names doesn't belong there? Nah...

---
"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."