If you love Minis, then here's FlYp with the empeg installed. The car now has 5-way sound, and in my humble opinion, sounds quite decent . Why? I hear you ask. Because it could be done, I answer

They haven't stopped making them yet. However, they die the final death on the 23rd of September. A day that will live in infamy. The new, BMW (spit) instigated design will be built from January next year with an undetermined release date.

Not only Innocenti Minis had the weird combination of Metric/Imperial fittings and bolts. A significant number of Brits were manufactured between '74 and '80 (the TR 7, MG B GT, Jag Xj6, many others) which inevitably had metric brake fittings (Girling and Lucas had to supply a world market which was predominantly metric), imperial body fittings (since all the local suppliers were still on imperial to around 1977) and then on engines - whoa!! - catalogue of horrors. There is one famous Xj6 4.2 head where the original valves and guides were imperial but with metric OD sizes (meaning the head guide holes were drilled for metric dimensions), the ancilliary fittings (pump and other sundry bits) were Imperial, and the exhaust manifold bolts were metric! Yuk.

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015