I'm sorry, but I've become fed up with all the "cats are terrible, mean little creatures." And when you start talking about cats eating their owners then I have to say it's getting just too dumb. I refuse to believe that nonsense.

How do you know a cat wouldn't try to save someone's life? Besides, it's just not the kind of animal that you train to do something like police work. Cats are incapable of some of the things dogs are, and so what?

For the record, I had a dog when I was little, and I loved it. It was a beautiful Samoyed that my parents found at a gas station on the NJ Turnpike. It was a great pet until it died of heartworms.

For the past 17 years, however my family has owned a cat. I love the cat, too. I have come to the realization that many people have bad cats that don't like people and/or are mean to people when they are around. I, on the other hand, have what is possibly the nicest cat on the entire planet. I'm serious about that. I've had her since she was a year old, and in that time she has never once hissed at, bitten, or scratched someone (well, she bites my hand playfully when I'm playing with her, but that's the opposite of mean anyway). She is always extremely friendly. She has never avoided a single person. She is always rubbing up against people, insisting to sit on their laps, and insisting that you pet her or scratch her head.

So, not all cats are mean, and I'm sick of all the bad rep they get. I've met plenty of dogs that disliked me, but I don't label them all as vicious, do I? Nope.

While we're on the topic, I'm also tired of cats always bing portrayed as villains in animal movies. From "Lady and the Tramp" to "Cats & Dogs", they're always the evil animals out to stop the good dogs. How one-sided can these people be? I wish I could find a great Answer Man column on Roger Ebert's site about this, but I can't at the moment.