If you want to debate whether dogs are better than cats or vice versa, go for it. I think the original poster wanted to discuss the abuse of our trust by certain police officers. I appologize if I have irreparably changed the course of this thread

Sorry, it's just that your sentence implied a superiority of dogs over cats, and I've gotten tired of that because it's a common opinion. Cat owners seem to be less vocal about their preferences.

But if I were to compare the two, I would pick a cat because they require far less maintenance. I don't have to walk it, I don't have to bathe it, and I don't have to pick up it's droppings. Plus, I'm not a fan of the whole "dog smell" thing. I have never been to someone's house and not known that they have a dog the second I walk in the room.

On the other hand, I do agree that dogs can be better companions. They are much more energetic, and that makes them better friends. My best friend in high school had a golden retriever. It was the stupidest dog I've ever met, but it was playfull and would chase the dot of a laser pointer until it was close to death

ps-Oh yeah, and those cops you're talking about suck