You guys are not reading my post correctly. First of all, I am not mounting it at knee level, I said 4-6 inches ABOVE knee level. Or if that is confusing, about 12 inches below chin level. However you look at it, it is lower than my eyes which is normal for many cars, trucks, ect. It points straight out of my dash which is the only way it can be mounted. This mounting position is not my choice, it is the stock mounting position. In fact I have mounted it in the top of a double DIN space to reduce this effect and it still happends. I don't really want to hear from people that have "ideal" mounting positions because you can't understand what a problem it is.

Obviously, the sceen is viewable from the left and right. However up and down viewing angles are limited by the faceplate sticking out so much. Yes, I realize the VFD is set in behind the colored display and this is why the problem exists.

I did not say the faceplate was a bad design. I meant maybe this is what they came up with as a fix to a preliminary design that was much worse.

I personally don't think it matters how much time was spend on designing the faceplate. If it is not usable in many vehicles, then empeg should rethink their design. That is a FACT so don't get mad at me for saying it. If the mark 2 oval was just shifted up or made slightly higher toward the top then the screen could be seen from above the unit. You never have to look up at it, but it is common to look down toward it at home and in the car.

I know I am not the only one that has this problem, I am just the first to mention it. Don't get so defensive, this is CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. This is a problem that may not be fixable but if no one says anything it continues to be a problem. Empeg may not even know this is a problem because they may have only seen the empeg in cars with perfect mounting positions. What happends if a major car audio publication reviews the empeg in a vehicle like mine. They are first going to be faced with an impossible installation because of my dash shape which other manufacturers compensate for and then the screen will not be viewable. Empeg might get a bad review for a problem they didn't even know about.

So, easy on the harsh comments. My viewing problem is REAL!

Alex Lear