Ah, that clarifies the battery comment. It must be self-serving corporate marketing misinformation, not actual ignorance.
Apology in advance for Tom: Sorry, I know you didn't post that reply.
I was aware of the earlier Palm units running off normal AA batteries, as I owned a few myself. I'm just pointing out that now Palm offers no rechargable units with batteries that can be swapped out, and this is actually a feature many people out there request.

Also, I do work for HP, but nowhere near the division that does the iPaq development or support. I know more about the upcoming handhelds from public web sites then I do from internal sources. I also bought my first iPaq with no employee discount. To me, the iPaq was what finally snapped the WinCE market into place, and see Palm's recent actions as an indication that something was right with the iPaq design.

Now if I start talking about Intel based servers, there will probably be a bit of corporate taint there. Then again, we do lead the market by quite a bit, and seeing the servers in compairson to others first hand, I know why.