Yeah, it was rather badly listed. I'm sure that if the title had been "Tek TDS360, Tek PS280, BK Precision 4040A + Calcomp Techjet 5524" that it would have been bid way beyond my means very quickly. The fact is that the rest of the IT gear is so abundant in this .crash era that it's tough to give it away.

Recently I've been griping about a certain listing-generators search spamming tendancy. It turns out that if you use it to create multiple listings, every listing contains the html for _all_ of the auctions, with the particular listings html bumped to the top. This has the effect of spamming the "title and description" search so that all of the listings are returned in any t&d search result set that hits any one of them. ebay isn't clever enough to filter out everything after the first </html> tag. If you've ever wondered why e.g. "Barbie and Ken's playhouse" appeared in a t&d search for e.g. "Compaq M700" then check the source.
Anyway, I've got into the habit of ignoring strange looking results, and it was lucky that I clicked on this one.