My day didn't start out well either. Got a call on the Unix consulting line from an internal tech helping his customer. He wanted a graphical partitioning utility in Red Hat 9, so his customer "didn't have to deal with that command line crap in fdisk". After finding no way to reinvoke DiskDruid once the install is complete, I left him woth no solid answer for the rather rude way he was asking for help beyond "There are some third party ones out there". This guy wanted me to call Red Hat for him, since he didn't believe my answer of "No, it dosen't include one".

Day got better though as the local Windows admin idiot who took over for someone who did a decent job had a rough day. The machine that he runs to connect our test network to the corporate one died (Hung at "Starting Windows" on boot). He got it back up after pulling a CPU and replacing a NIC, plus a W2K repair. But, the networks still wern't linked. As far as I know, he still didn't get it fixed, for who knows what reason. I got some good Linux jabs in on him today, and still find it humerous that it takes me one iptables command to do what he couldn't do with his "much easier to administer" OS.