I know about GMail Swap, but that seems lame. I've got two invitations left. Anybody want a GMail account?

In short, why I love my GMail:

- I've .forwarded all of my e-mail there as well as keeping it at home. When I'm on the road, GMail is significantly faster and easier to use than IMAP. It comes up faster. The GUI is actually an elaborate JavaScript thing, complete with keyboard shortcuts. Everything about it is fast.

- They support SSL. In normal usage, only your password is sent over SSL, but if you put https in front of the URL, you get the whole thing over SSL -- nobody's going to watch your session if you're using a wireless network.

- Search is fast. Really fast.

- The advertisements are so unobtrusive that I generally never even notice them.

My only gripes with GMail:

- The spam filtering could be better, although you can "report" spam quickly and it immediately disappears.

- My T-Mobile cel phone, when acting as my ISP, seems to not allow any connections over SSL. I suspect they just block port 443 or something. The result is that I can only get into GMail if I already have the appropriate cookie, and obviously have to do it in plaintext.