Quote:
Does anyone have any knowledge to share?

Nothing trustworthy. In another thread, though, when I referred to an "encapsulated whatyamacallit", this term is what was escaping me.

My Google on "ganglion cyst burst" turns up a page from handsurgery.org (whoever they may be) that notes "The old wives tale that the cyst is burst by hitting it with a bible is not performed". Maybe no longer. Around 1976 we whacked a couple in the ER, IIRC, and in 1985, I vividly remember wielding the treatment instrument as a co-worker, Carol (also a nurse) turned away and let me do the deed (she asked us to). Of course, being a bunch of east coast secular humanists, we did not have a Bible to hand so we employed an out-of-date edition of the Physician's Desk Reference (you hit it with the binding for maximal treatment efficacy).

Anyhow, I worked with Carol until 1988 and last I heard all was well. I wouldn't take this for too much other than a story, though. There could be other big reasons the Bible Technique fell out of favor. For one, it is probably hard to charge more than $30 for it!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.