Quote:
Those pictures... at that site...

I hovered...I did not click....

Been there, watched that. Dignan, take heart, it says incidence decreases with age, and I think many don't come back. You have taken this thread to a whole different plane, though...a dark, scary place Bitt never thought he'd be going!

Seriously, I worked as a night-shift ER orderly for 2+ years when I was in school, often working with a nice guy named Al (now Al, MD somewhere in Florida). Among ~15 other rooms, in the back corner was a shared clinic room where we'd set up to do minor -- dare I say freelance? -- surgical procedures. Another room was a big tiled shower room that you could roll a whole gurney into. Yeah, like a carwash.

On a given Friday night, it was not unheard of to get a comatose street person with 2-3 weeks of crap in their pants (I shit you not) and we would roll them to the car wash after an initial exam.

At the same time, a surgical intern would exam somebody with a pilonidal/perianal cyst/abcess. We'd have to go back and prep a tray, drape the (usually young) person and stand to through the procedure with the requisite doo-dads.

When we came to the occasional friendly impass, Al and I would flip a coin or play rock-paper-scissors. In a matchup like this, if I drew the carwash I considered myself the big winner.

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.