For those of you who grew up with Gerry Anderson's Supermarionation creations as I did in the mid-60's, you may be pleased to know that a new, CG version of Captain Scarlet is to be shown (without strings) on Saturday mornings on CITV in the UK. From the advance images I have seen of this program, it looks to be pretty impressive, and is done using Mo-cap and modern real-as-life CG animation techniques similar to those used on Final Fantasy and Firefly.

It starts with the first episode this coming Saturday, 12th February, at 9:30 AM. Be warned: if you are expecting it to be exactly the same as the old one, you are in for a disappointment.. It has been updated, with the same charactes and uniforms, but all new vehicles and different stories. See if you can recognise who Colonel White is, and who Destiny Angel is.....

The official Website for the program is here , and if you have a further interest in the programs of Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, the website for the official fan club Fanderson is here .

I am myself not going to be able to see it as I am in NL and cannot receive the channel, so all I can say is....

Enjoy it, you lucky b******s!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015