Quote:
Gawd, when I was typing the load command my fingers actually went to the shift-2 before I caught myself.

LOL. Oh my god, you are so right. I tried it to and my fingers did the same thing. How scary is that?

Quote:
Impossible Mission

As far as I could tell, that game really was impossible. I should go back and play it again. One of the nice things about the emulators is that you can save the computer state, which basically makes saving and loading your game possible. I have loaded up a couple of games I never won and beat them on the emulator (specifically Zorro and Karateka.) Spelunker, on the other hand, is still completely impossible.

A lot of those games really are fun to this day; the Ultimas, Jumpman, MOM, Defender of the Crown...I had a blast playing them all in the last couple of years. Some on the other hand....Mule and Seven Cities of Gold for instance, didn't seem to hold up, which I find very sad because I loved the hell out of them.

Actually, since all the old computer geeks are readings this thread, I was wondering if anyone remembers the name of this game. It was a game where you hooked up electrical circuits together to solve puzzles. You could see the electrical signals travel around and power the devices to solve the puzzles you wanted to solve. I played it on the Apple II, dunno if it was on other computers or not. It was as much as educational as it was a game, but it was a lot of fun and was a major part in setting me on the path to geekhood that I proudly tread today, and I would love to take a look at it again if I could remember the name of it.