Quote:
I have to admit I was also a bit surprised at how few people expressed interest in sponsoring 3 beta

IIRC, a lot of people were interested but:
a) Rob seemed distressed that people (including myself) didn't understand how much money he was actually asking for. I seem to remember a lot of people, in just a few short days, saying they'd love to contribute.
b) Hugo piped in and hinted that it may not be realistic or that some of these things may have already been worked on.

At that point, a lot of us assumed there were some discussions going on between Hugo and Rob, that perhaps could have taken place prior to the creation of the thread. So, in addition to understanding that some of us wanted to see what was going to pan out between Hugo and Rob, I wouldn't consider a lack of disposable income (once we were told our offers of 50 bucks here and there) the same thing as lack of interest.

What got me down were all of the "conditions" put on some people's money demanding such and such features. But I guess that's understandable too. Maybe we're spoiled getting all those Hijack, Jemplode, emphatic, Logoedit, empegface, Palitir, etc, updates for free.