iTunes doesn't do it for me either, but Yahoo! Music isn't the answer. WMA with DRM is a non-starter for me. WMA without DRM would be mildly acceptable, but the difficulty in managing WMA metadata (the lack of cross-platform tools to edit it) would make it an absolute last resort, despite its admirable quality/bitrate performance.

These days, if an album is worth retail store prices to me, I buy the CD. If I only want a few songs, or I want the album, but not enough to pay $12-$15, I go to allofmp3.com, which lets me select the format, encoder, bitrate, etc. and I get files that play everywhere and are easy to manage.

Also, I don't think Yahoo! Music will be $5/month for very long... Suppose they jack it up? Based on a quick glance at their signup page, it looks like the type of DRM that requires an active subscription. If so, I can think of no more lucrative bait and switch than to lure a bunch of people in with $5/month unlimited, then jack up the prices. Then, as a user, you're faced with the choice between paying whatever they change the price to, or watching your entire music collection go *poof*.