I installed Fedora Core 4 yesterday. Well, sort of... But there's still problems...

I have an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard (which according to other posts I found on the Internet, others also had problems with), where I have 2 harddrives on the primary ide-controller and 2 harddrives on the sata-controller. Yesterday I installed a Plextor DVD-burner as secondary master and a new harddrive on the sata raid-controller (set up as ide-controller), where I planned to install Linux.

When I started the installation, it started to print a lot of what looked to me like debug-strings when checking hda and hdb. Same happened on hdc, but suddenly it started to print cdrom looked confused (something like that) in an endless loop... Somewhere in there it had printed Try to boot with acpi=off, so I restarted the installation with acpi=off, but same thing happened. After some searching, I found a posting where one guy had to set the board to Compatible mode instead of Enhanced mode to install Red Hat. Set it to Compatible mode and Secondary P-ATA+S-ATA (needed the DVD...) and this time I got through the installation. The new disk came up as sda and the two other sata-disks came up as sdb and sdc. Grub was installed on MBR on sda. Rebooted and Fedora came up properly. Went back into BIOS and set it to Enhanced mode so I could get the other two drives (where one of them was the Windows boot-disk), and Fedora hung on start-up... Restarted and tried Windows and that also stopped just after I had selected it in Grub (probably couldn't find the boot-loader)... But it worked when I changed the boot-order in BIOS. So to change between Fedora and Windows, I have to change between Compatible mode and Enhanced mode and change the boot-order in BIOS... And they say Linux is a breeze to install...

When I try to start Fedora with Enhanced mode it stops with:
Red Hat nash version 4.2.15 starting
irq169: Nobody Cared!
Handlers:
[<c026201b>](ide_intr+0x0/0x159)
[<c026201b>](ide_intr+0x0/0x159)
Disabling IRQ#169
ata3: Disabling port

I get this also when it boots up properly, but after ata3: Disabling port, it find the logical volume and continues booting.

So do any of the resident Linux-gurus have any ideas what to try...?

Stig