Quote:
Wow, I had no idea Stu lived so close... I may get my buttons hacked now that I know I can get it done without shipping it off.
As for what role I play here, I'm alpha geek for the City of Kenner City Hall. Recently I've been doing odd stuff, like cooking for 700, answering phones from hell (rings as soon as you put it down), and have become the resident bobcat frontloader expert. Basically, lot of hard manual labor. I know now why I went to college. Manual labor sucks!
My house is toast. All furniture, carpet, walls, TV, etc are destroyed. Clothes are ok, but that's about it. My electronics for the most part came with me to city hall (along with the wife and dogs).

The only cool thing that's happened to me personally since the storm was the next morning, when a group of us saved a lady that was drowning in the intersection of Veterans and Williams. The water was 4' in the intersection and we were filming as we were driving. We watched her fall, struggle up, fall again, up again, and fall one more time. She wasn't coming up the last time, she never came up till we got to her. I had never seen someone actually exhale water before. Since we were filming, it's all on tape. They tell me they sent it to some news show to be aired, but I can't remember which one, and since my tivo is off, I couldn't grab it. So, if you saw a group of folks pulling a lady out of a river that was a street, the guy in tye dye is me. Oh, and if you were wondering why she was drowning in a street, the water was flowing so fast there were whitecaps.

Wow I'm glad you and your family came out safe. And helping to save a lady from drowning - that officially makes you a hero! Good job, man!

Sorry to hear that your house didn't do so well. Is insurance going to cover some of the damage? I think we should start a donation fund here to help you out a little. I'm good for a few euros.

I hope everything turns out ok.

Billy