You know....

I haven't been here long (was in the registration queue, decided to wait until the code was 1.0 stable... what a mistake), but in the time that I have been around, I honestly don't know how some of the people are working with this.

(MINOR rant) It seems as if every other problem/suggestion that is brought up here is answered with "It's fixed in 1.1/it's in 1.1". Unfortunately, us poor peasants don't know when we might get 1.1.

Now I *DO* realize that software schedules are NOT easy to predict, especially with fixing bugs, alpha testing, etc. But I don't know what is worse... Knowing a bug is fixed/feature added and not knowing when you will have that bug fix/feature addition, or just not having it fixed until some random point in time.

(/minor rant)

And please, take this in the best light possible. I'm not complaining, in so much as I'm an impatient b*st*rd. It's just kinda hard to keep hearing "It's in 1.1" and not have a clue as to when we might get 1.1.. (which, of course, is "When it's ready")

And to think, in real life, I have to manage this cr*p everyday... You would think I would know better than to post this.. But of course, given the incredible abilities of the empeg now, I'm just drooling at the thought of how much better it could be.

Edited by synergy on 27/02/01 10:57 PM.