Your post freaked me out a bit. smile I was reading it just like any other forum post and then suddenly see my name in it like you're writing to me personally. For a second there it was like I was reading an email.

I haven't touched SVEASOFT stuff in years. After my old WRT54G router died I replaced it with an "L" model and immediately used Tomato which I've been running since.

My knowledge of the existence of the "L" model came by necessity rather than forethought. I first bought the plain version not knowing they'd moved away from Linux. I returned it as soon as I found out I couldn't flash it with replacement firmware - at the time.

If they're still selling "L" models I'd recommend going with one of those. I've never installed DD-WRT and surfing their site on numerous occasions has never given me a desire to.

I'd eventually like to move to a faster router with wired gigabit support and 802.11n which will mean the end of using Tomato. I don't think I'm going to invest much time in checking out alternate firmware sources until I get much closer to picking up that type of product. Which will likely only follow picking up a new Mac notebook with 802.11n support.