Quote:
I was curious if the rest of the world is hearing about this

What we're hearing in the UK is that our health service is being held up as an example, to you, of why you don't want a national health service like ours:
Ours has much right, and much wrong and no doubt cases of its failures are the ones that are being used to stir up dissent - subjectively, I can't speak highly enough of our health service as a patient: In two serious, and in one case life threatening, emergencies calling for hospitalisation, I've received nothing other than professional and cheerful support from people who clearly enjoy their work, I couldn't and wouldn't have got better had I gone privately through health insurance.
If I need to see a GP I can rely on being able to do so same day, possibly longer if I specify a particular doctor.
However, as a supplier to the health service in my business over many years, I can see so much wrong, so much waste, so much mis-direction and our politicians seem unable, unwilling or just plain too naive to tackle it. "We're giving £50 million in extra funding", when will politicians realise that just throwing money at these services, whether health or education, does not give greater efficiency or better results?