Quote:
I've been reading along, and I have to applaud a few people in here for not losing their cool. Even though the positions against healthcare reform are presented intelligibly and are from otherwise intelligent people, I'm sorry, but some of the drivel being written shows predominantly the desire to toe the anti-government line and nothing more. I don't really think the specific topic matters - this line of argument is always going to be the same and from the same people.

I've really had to hold back from being judgmental, but some of the comments in here are precisely the type of ignorance that fuels the disdain for the US around the world. It really does help paint the US as nothing but a cesspool. Luckily I know that's not the case and that this is not even the voice of the majority.

It's funny how the left always resorts to name calling and insulting of one's intelligence as some sort of valid argument against the naysayers of their policies (in addition to violence). They are the enlightened, elites and the do gooders, while the opposition are the lackwits, the ignorant redneck slobs and haters of the world.

Quote:
You know, routine stuff like TB, chicken pox, pneumonia, cervical cancer, etc.
I was referring to check-ups if you are so inclined.

Stu