Will Excel do the following stunt for me automatically without a macro?
(Google fu results in a lot of macros trying to accomplish this.)

I have a formula in some rows at the bottom of a spreadsheet. The formula is made entirely of relative cell references, plus some math. The formula is totaling information from higher rows, then performing a simple calculation to get the accuracy percentage of a set of numbers from some of the higher rows. The numbers come from testing a bunch of manufacturer's hardware products, and the accuracy is the results of our tests on each product. Each column is a different product.

When I add new products to this spreadsheet (inserting columns), the formulas do not get copied. There are blank spaces where the formulas should be. I want the formula to fill in those gaps automatically.

This seems to me to be a very common thing to want to have happen automatically. So common that I'm surprised it doesn't do what I expect it to do already.

I already know how to do this:
- Drag the little box to fill in the formulas for me. But that's an extra step which I sometimes forget.
- Instead of inserting blank columns, copy an existing column and say "paste" with "insert copied cells". I have reasons for wanting to insert blank rows instead of copying and pasting.

Can Excel automatically do what I'm talking about, without any further intervention from me? (i.e., not running a macro and not copy/paste/manual-drag-to-fill operations)