Originally Posted By: peter
I hope you've got this pinned up in your offices somewhere smile

haha, I had forgotten about that comic. It's going up on my wall Monday smile

Originally Posted By: tfabris
Originally Posted By: msaeger
Is this like onlive ?

Exactly. Just a different company with a different game selection. Hopefully a larger one. smile

Similar concept, but a different business model. Our goal is to enable game publishers, and retailers a way to embed instant demos into their web sites. After playing, you would need to still buy the game at a shop or online.

Originally Posted By: msaeger
I tried the sims demo but they told me my connection wasn't fast enough. 10 down 1 up according to a couple speed test sites.

The tests that run look at the practical bandwidth and latency stats to the data centers we think are near you. It's possible you are either too far away, or the internet routing from your provider to our servers is not as optimal as it could be.

Every time someone attempts to play (either via the direct beta test sites like the Sims 3, or just taking the silent test on Gaikai.com) metrics are gathered to decide where to build out a datacenter next. It's also used to try and address any odd routing we notice off our network. The service is still technically in beta,

When Engadget talked about the service back in closed beta, they also were allowed to publish one of the heatmaps we generate from those stats.

The map is out of date now, but gives you an idea of how we are moving forward. They pulled in some pretty experienced people from the industry to make sure each aspect of the service is done well.